SBE brings together more than 30 years of expertise with youthful creativity to create innovative civil engineering and electromechanical solutions for Belgium and the rest of the world. By working together with governments and other clients, we can then sustainably build the world of tomorrow. Drawing on more than 30 years of experience, our team of more than 140 enthusiastic engineers and BIM designers ensure SBE is a strong and reliable partner for the (inter)national market. Our creative social imagination and proactive process management help us focus on 5 core activities: port, river & hydraulic engineering, civil engineering & infrastructure, urbanism & design, industrial constructions & buildings and electromechanics.
SBE's 5 core activities
SBE specialises in five areas within the fields of civil engineering and electromechanics. SBE also has the ability to effortlessly change hats, from taking on the role of an integral designer of architectural and civil engineering constructions, to the project manager for the feasibility phase and final delivery.
Port, river & hydraulic engineering
Development of ports and terminals
Design of locks and quay walls
River basin management
Integrated water resource management
Civil engineering & infrastructure
Urbanism & Design
Environmental landscaping and landscape design
Design of public spaces
Architectural design of bridges, tunnels and service buildings
Industry & Buildings
Buildings and underground car parks
Electromechanical design and engineering
It goes without saying that quality and high-performing achievements are vital in the civil engineering and electromechanical sectors. At SBE, we believe that this also includes impeccable and reliable service.
- Key to this, are sustainable and confidential ties with all our contacts. We approach customers, suppliers and subcontractors in the same constructive way.
- By fully focusing on the development and growth curve of our employees’ technical skills, SBE challenges its daily operations time and again, ensuring they always rise to the occasion.
- In order to continue operating at the highest level, we scrutinise our operations at various different stages. We have an internal quality system with in-house audits, an annual external audit and ‘put into practice’ feedback, all of which keeps us on our toes.
The immense scale of SBE’s projects ensures that we are inextricably linked to the surrounding environment. As one of the main players in the realisation of large constructions in ports, along watercourses, and in cities and industrial areas, SBE takes its responsibility seriously and approaches every step of the process with a sustainable vision.
- Impact on the environment
We continuously look at how any impact on the surrounding environment and local residents can be kept to a minimum.
- Reducing our ecological footprint
SBE reduces its ecological footprint in two major ways: on the one hand, by investing in ecological infrastructure, and on the other by focusing on sustainable commuting and transport for team members.
- Voka Sustainable Business Charter
SBE is committed to the Voka Sustainable Business Charter. This is a charter based on the 17 sustainability objectives drawn up by the United Nations, which Voka intends to put into practice among its 18,000 members.
European Social Fund
The ESF supports work opportunities in European Member States on the basis of a number of specific objectives or projects. Given the nature of the work at SBE, the HR policy focuses on ‘Sustainable Career Management’, in which work-life balance and a career and skills policy are central, as well as ‘in-house training’, where we continually invest in updating the knowledge and skills of our people.
- Sint-Niklaas (HQ)
- Hola España! We are further expanding our hub strategy with a new office in Valencia. Our philosophy remains the same; to collaborate on technically complex projects with local experts who like to color outside the lines. And we secretly love tapas! " data-img="https://sbe-engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/HQ.jpg">Valencia
SBE’s head office in Sint-Niklaas is a convenient 5-minute walk from the station, making it perfect for those who want to visit or come to work by public transport. We are always happy to welcome you to our pleasant and spacious offices.
Would you like to find out more?
Would you like to hear more about what we do, what we stand for and what we can do? Click on the button to make a call.